Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy Face

One of my favorite movies of all time is an Australian film called 'Strictly Ballroom'. When things are going poorly in the film, the mother goes around saying 'Happy Face! I want to see your Happy Face!' The litany goes from a forced happy voice to that scary 'I'm hanging on by my last nerve and I'll take you over the edge with me' voice.

Honestly, there are some days when I feel like I need to be screaming HAPPY FACE! I'm putting on my HAPPY FACE!  Just to get through the day.  I really don't want to put my 'I feel crappiness' on anyone, so I slap on a smile and get through it.

Yes, I live deep in the land of Denial.  And I'm proud of it!

This doesn't mean I'm ignoring my needs.  I'm just going about setting my boundaries quietly.  Enforcing them without making a fuss.  No matter what, the family doesn't want to deal with my illness.  And frankly, it's exhausting at times having to justify how I feel.

I have really good friends who bear a lot of brunt of my whinging.  I do my best to make sure that I give them equal time.  After all the world really doesn't revolve around me.

With the advent of Spring, I'm not feeling so springy.  My allergies are kicking off some flare activity.

So, I'm going to just keep yelling....

HAPPY FACE!!!!!!

Maybe I'd better step away from the keyboard....

No comments: