Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Allergies are Not My Friends

Spring has sprung with a vengeance here in my part of the world.  I love seeing the flowers and the trees starting to green.  Just the thought of a rejuvenated world is uplifting.

However, with all that greening up comes a price for me.  Allergies.  Specifically tree pollens, followed by grasses, followed by just general reaction to the nature which I love so much.

This year, I'm catching the signals early.  Last year when this odyssey began in earnest I had an episode of shingles thrown into the mix.  I'm praying that all I have to deal with are the allergies.

As is stands right now, the allergies are not playing well with the Lupus.  The allergy symptoms seem to be exacerbating any Lupus symptoms I may be having, forming a vicious circle.  Affecting my sleep, my cognitive functions and my general temperament.

I have a doctor's appointment coming up in a few weeks.  Smack dab in the middle of allergy season. I may be trying to live in a bubble by that time.

No comments: