Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Realizations

I had a good appointment with Dr. S this morning. My SED levels have dropped, which is good.  They are still elevated, but not like before.  It would seem that our course of action seems to be working.  The swelling around my joints has also visibly decreased. All of this is good.

None of this means I can say 'It is done!'  If anything I have to maintain my vigilance over my choices.  I may never get my levels of energy back that I had.  I'm not going to pine away wishing for lost glory. Instead, I'm going to look forward to what I can do.

We discussed my change of diet.  Dr. S thought I had made a wise decision. He seems to like the fact that I don't go half cocked on anything. I research, gather all my information then make my decisions.

I have to admit that I have been feeling better since I started the vegetarian based diet.  I'm being careful to make sure that I am eating a balanced diet.  I'm not going vegan.  I'm keeping my dairy, egg and fish options open.

I'm proceeding with caution as I manage these new waters. Spring and Summer will be the time to be vigilante for me. I've not done well in the sunshine.  I never have.

This time I can approach this summer prepared.  My life has changed, but my dreams and goals haven't.

No comments: