Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Moments of Celebration

Yesterday was National Pit Bull Awareness Day.  I celebrated by hanging out with an amazing group of Pit Bulls and their owners for most of the day.  Quizz, my amazing side-kick, participated in two classes then, by the trainer's recommendation, went for his AKC Canine Good Citizen Certification.  He passed with flying colors!  I'm such a proud mama!
That's right, I'm CGC Certified!  Woot!
It was a long, fabulous, busy day. How could I not love hanging out in a place with such amazing energy?

The problem is that I'm so paying for it.  I knew that I'd be paying for it when we finally got home.  I'd been on my feet for almost 8 hours straight, by the end of the day my joints were starting to get really sore.

This is the conundrum I'm finding with life with Lupus.  There are things that are important to me. Things help define who I am.  Too not do them, then what's the point. I'm not going to admit defeat.

I will have my moments of celebration.  My moments of achievement.  These are the things that define a life.

No comments: