Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

My Dazzling Hire Wire Act

To be honest, I'm feeling a bit like a performer of a high wire act.  Everyone is oooing and ahhing over the performance of the bravery it takes to walk the wire, but no one really wants know what it takes to learn how to do it.


I've got really good friends that let me babble out my frustrations.  I can't begin to express how priceless that is.  They are my team that helps prep the equipment and costumes. Making sure everything is safety checked, all the sequins and sparkly doo-dads are in place.  More importantly, they are there with my safety net in case of catastrophic failure.

The ironic thing is that while I'm getting use to all the things that Lupus means, I'm experiencing this amazing creative renaissance.  I feel compelled to document my journey.  Write my stories.  Essentially run my various races as I can.  I know that I'm limited, but I'm working within those limits.  
If I find my way blocked, I'll find another way over, under, around or through.  There is always numerous ways to get the job done.

As I walk the wire, placing one foot in front of the others, dazzling the crowd with my balance and grace.  I know that I have a safety net for which I'm very grateful for.

No comments: