Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

PX Palpitations

Its a new year with a new health plan.

I did all my homework, all my research when looking at the plans my company offered.  I weighed, VERY CAREFULLY, the limited options.  I called the prescription drug plan to talk about my options.  I did the math.

I WAS FREAKING HOODWINKED!!!!!!!!!

Damned if the drone at the other end of the phone didn't lie to me.  This wasn't a new company that my employer was dealing with.  They knew what was being offered for the next year.  I laid out very carefully my questions about the cost of my prescriptions as I built the costs into my health care budget for the upcoming year.

Better to anticipate the worst, hoping for the best.

Last year's plan, my prescriptions cost me $90 every 3 months.  Thanks to the incorrect information I was given, my prescriptions are now going to be costing me around $250 every 90 days.

People, I'm not taking any name brand medications.

I have no idea what this next year will bring me in this new frontier that is dominated by Lupus.  It scares me.  It annoys me.  It makes me angry.

I am unamused to say the least.

sigh.