Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

One Step at a Time

I have a love hate relationship with health insurance.  Don't get me wrong. I am grateful that I'm able to work to have' affordable' insurance.  But lately, with the passing of the new health care bill I'm not so sure anyone has been done any favors.

At work, my HR department is scrambling to keep up with all the last minute changes that keep coming down the pike.  While I know that I'm insured, I can't access any of my insurance information on-line at the moment.

With all of this, the actual costs keep going up.  I'm single and I'm complaining.  I know that families are being impoverished by the costs.  Work is always running Wellness programs that encourage us to be fit and healthy.

The problem is with Lupus, participating in those programs is tough.  I know that it is a Catch-22, the better I eat, the more exercise that I get, the better I'll feel.  It's getting into the swing of it.  I'm tired. I'm struggling to maintain my status quo.

I sometimes feel as though my insurance is contingent on me getting better.  When I know that there is no 'better' only management.  I didn't ask to get sick.  I'd like to not feel like I've done something wrong when I'm trying to figure out all my costs when it comes to my health insurance.

How do I manage all of this?  Like I do everything else, one step at a time.

No comments: