Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sleep Deprived

I can't remember the last time I slept the night through.  Seriously.  I'm waking up 2-4 hours into my nights rest or a couple of hours before my alarm clock.


Click! My brain turns on and I can't make it go back to sleep.  It has been this way for years.  As I'm researching, I'm finding that I'm not the only one with this problem. (At least the lack of sleep part.  I don't know if everyone is experiencing the active brain part.)

I do know that this turns into a vicious cycle.  Lack of sleep>Runs down any body and mind defenses>Body rebels> Mind rebels> Everything gets sick> Down for a couple of days or weeks> Recovery (kinda, at least can function again). Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

My reality doesn't let me have much down time - physically or mentally.  Yes, I know that I have to make it for both.  I'm working on rearranging my life to accommodated this new set of restraints.  But when you are a Type-A personality who has a hard time NOT forging ahead....

Yep, I need some sleep, just to survive my inner battle with myself.  I'll let you know who wins.

No comments: