Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hamsters for Free

The hamsters that keep my brain engaged are running amok.  Seriously.  They are not paying attention to my need to sleep.  Instead, when I close my eyes and work on clearing my brain to allow me to sleep, the hamsters are busy stuffing more things on the stage that is my mind's eye. 

Running, Running, Running
I just want to sleep.  Sleep without dreaming, thinking, worrying about some weird obscure detail from work, or apparently visiting places without the benefit of a passport stamp.

Those hamsters are speedy little devils, they are producing more than I can clear away in my mind at any given moment.  Just when I think that I have a clear mind, I can hear the next load get ready to dump.  I have no recourse, no where to shunt it off to.  

I do not function well on 4 hours of sleep.  People do not fair well around me, when I need sleep.

Anyone want some hamsters?  

2 comments:

Messy Musings said...

Shhhhh, be vewy vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbits - disguised as hamsters!

Leila said...

I think the dratted things got the message last night and shut down at a reasonable time. Or they knew your had your gun out. :)