Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Acceptance of my Now

I’m mourning the death of my perception of youth and accepting my now.  My now isn’t old, or decrepit, it’s just slower.  I don’t know if I know how to down shift my life.  I know that I’m going to have to learn fast to make it work.  I have no choice. I have a life to live.

I’m sick.  I own that.  But that won’t be the face that the majority people will see.  Most people won’t be able to tell, unless I say something.  That is the way of this disease.  But I have to make those concessions to be the person that I want to be and stay ahead of this thing. 


The people I trust and love will always be there and support me as I journey.  Their company on this path will be invaluable.

I guess that instead of running (not that I've ever been a runner) I'll be sashaying with fierce style and determination at my life.  I have miles to go and milestones to pass.  In this now that I live in.

No comments: