Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Family

I did the auntie thing this weekend and watched my brother's kids with my mom, so he and his wife could get away for a well deserved break.  This was definitely a tag team effort as a lively group that ranged from 10 (almost 11) to 18 months.  They were all great.  Really.

The 18 month old was a trooper with his little cute put-put-put and sheer charisma, his sisters all helped wrangle him.  Even the dog helped keep him entertained.

I quickly realized how tired I was by the time Sunday arrived.  I can't imagine how parents with Lupus handle their family lives.  I'm single, no children, just my fur-child. And I'm wiped out.

Would I trade the experience?  Absolutely not. Am I going to be paying for it. Absolutely.

I pushed myself to hard. My mom fell victim to a 24 hour bug, so I was the responsible adult.

I DO know that sometimes you just have to get things done.  This was one of those cases.  Will I have to do it again?  Maybe.  I'll be better prepared next time.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Isn't it true that you never really really regret spending good time with family.
Sounds like it went mostly well.

Leila said...

All went home happy, smiling and giggling. The dog and cat collapsed in exhaustion immediately when the door closed. :) It was a great weekend. If you were closer, we'd do it for you!