Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Defined by my Substance



'Death is at your door step and it will steal your innocence, but it will not steal your substance.'
 Mumford & Sons - Timshel

As I work through everything in my head (there is a lot of stuff in my head), I can't help but think about the frailties and limits of this life.  But at the same time, I'm in complete awe of the human will to move forward and survive.

All this sounds really contemplative.  What I'm really saying is that I want to be defined by my choices and the people who I know and who know me along my journey.  Whether I'm feeling good or bad, I really believe it will be how I handle my now that will ultimately define me.  

I don't want my substance to be stolen.  I want to be strengthened as I move forward in my moments of adversity.

No comments: