Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Domino Effect

A week ago, I was involved in a car accident.  Aside from some muscular issues, I came out of it okay AND my car can be fixed. I can not tell you how lucky I was.  It could have been so much  I'm now feeling about 90% back to normal.  

The good news is no one was seriously hurt AND they can fix my car.  

Why do I tell you all this?  It would seem that my Lupus wanted to get into the act.  Apparently, it was feeling neglected. sigh.

Really?  

I understand that I experienced a traumatic event, but couldn't the flare I'm experiencing coincide with the days I felt crappy from the accident?  Of course not.  I'm achy joints, experiencing headaches and my fatigue level has gone up a notch.  

Don't get me wrong, I am filled with Gratitude.  The entire experience could have been so much worse.  I just wish my body would get its act together.


2 comments:

Dom said...

Glad you weren't hurt and that the car can be fixed. How scary. Hope your body settles down :/

Leila said...

Thanks Dom! Life is a grand adventure - that is my philosophy. :)