Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Horizontal and Vertical Adjustments

So much for my resolve to post more regularly.  It's allergy season and I'm starting to feel as bad as I did this time last year.  To top it all off, I decided to get proactive and get allergy tested.  I've lived in Virginia for almost six years and haven't gotten the specifics of what sets me off other than oak.

I'm off my allergy meds, sitting at work, wishing I was any place else.  Preferably asleep. The irony?  I couldn't actually sleep if my life depended on it.

AND, I'm breaking out in spots.

I AM UNAMUSED!

I know that Lupus is requiring a different mind set from me.  I'll be honest.  I'm having trouble adjusting. I feel like I'm a bad picture on a television screen. Out of focus and out of whack.  Part of me wants to look as bad as I feel, while the vain peacock in me reigns that in.

I'm grateful for the small things.  My sense of humor, my friends, the fact that I can still work.  I'm grateful that I can string my thoughts together for a good whinge.

I'm working on focusing the picture of my life.  Coming to terms that the new picture will be nothing like the old one.

That's going to take a while to reconcile.

1 comment:

Messy Musings said...

Please don't go off the deep end and use an indelible marker to "connect the dots" with your spots!!

Hang in there mi amiga!!