Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Keep Going!

The thing about Lupus is that the person who has is has a choice.  1: circle the wagons and wallow in their own mire of poor pity me, or 2: reach out and find people who are also going through it and fight through it together.

I found a quote this weekend by Winston Churchill this weekend that I thought was apropo to a Lupus flare:
If you're going through hell, KEEP GOING! 
I don't have to be doing this alone.  While our individual journeys are unique, we can draw strength and inspiration from each other.  Making it easier to go through the early stages of diagnosis, a flare or just the day to day living of this disease.

It's easy to sit mired in my own head, never seeking out support or friends that could help me.  There is a whole wide world out there of people facing similar fears.  Fear is so much easier to handle when you deal with it together.

No comments: