Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Sleep is an Elusive Dream

For the last year, my sleep pattern has degraded.  Now that things are coming into focus I can see a pattern, but it's been harder and harder for me to get a full nights sleep.  
Trust me, if I don't get my minimum required amount of sleep... it ain't pretty.  
Part of the problem is that I sleep on my side.  Which puts pressure on my joints.  Which doesn't let me sleep in one position for very long.  I sleep lightly anyway, so when I end up flipping my self over I wake up enough to disrupt my sleep patterns.  
All of this turns on my brain which never really turns off anyway.  Then I spiral into a vortex of thoughts about any given project I'm working on and the night is shot.
Did I mention that life is not worth living for those around me if I haven't gotten my minimum amount of sleep?

No comments: